We intend to run our operation following the 3R rule, a goal to be mindful of regarding consumption habits that aims to maintain a more sustainable way of life.
REDUCE – REUSE – RECYCLE
since we got started in November 2018.
- Buying bulk purchases for breakfast supplies
- Buying cleaning materials in large, recyclable containers
- We replaced plastic packets of shampoo and soap with refillable dispensers
- We encourage travelling with your own refillable water bottle, because Ushuaia’s drinking water is ice cold and refreshing
- We have reusable bags for the supermarket to lend to our guests when they go shopping
- We compost organic waste
- We look to give a second use to things that would have been trash
- We separate and recycle all leftovers that can’t be consumed
- Plastic and glass bottles are the responsibility of the local municipality
- Cardboard: we take it to a company’s warehouse to receive treatment
- Aluminum (mostly cans), paper, and plastic lids: for the Garrahan Hospital Foundation